Trampolines are a great way to increase family bonding, get some exercise benefits, and have fun. They can also be an excellent investment for your home if you are looking to buy one.
Before you make the purchase, it is important that you measure your trampoline so that it will fit nicely in your backyard or on your deck. Measurements should include jump mat width and length, as well as frame height.
In this article, we will go over how to measure a trampoline in quick and easy steps so that you know exactly what size of the trampoline will work best for you!
Related Articles On:
How To Measure A Trampoline — Ultimate Guide
Accurate Trampoline Measurement Is Important
The most important thing to remember when you measure your trampoline is that the measurement should be accurate. You want to ensure enough clearance from the ground for a safe and enjoyable experience.
We recommend that you measure twice and cut once because it is important to be sure that you are purchasing the right size of the trampoline. When you are buying a trampoline, it is important to measure the area where you plan to put it so that there will be enough room for both kids and adults.
The measurements need to include jump mat width and length as well as frame height. In this article, we go over how to calculate all of these measurements accurately so that your purchase will be the correct size for your yard.
If you are trying to figure out how much space is needed, it’s important to consider that not only do children need room on the mat, but adults also need a few feet of jumping space in order to have fun as well!
A general rule of thumb is that the jump mat should measure between 12 and 14 feet in width with a length that is twice as long. This will give plenty of jumping space for both kids and adults!
Steps To Measure Oval Trampolines
- Measure the width of your jump mat. Measure the length of your jump mat. Add both together and subtract 12 inches from this number to account for a turnaround point on each side – this will be what you use as one dimension when purchasing an oval trampoline.
- Measure the height (inches) by adding two lengths up, or if you measure a trampoline with two heights, measure the height of each and add them together.
- Measure frame width (inches) by adding three lengths up, or if you’re trying to measure a trampoline that has a frame on both sides, then measure it separately for each side and add them together.
- Now, measure how many springs are in each section by counting the number of coils on either side of the center bar (coils). Multiply this number by two, and that will be what you use as another dimension when purchasing an oval trampoline for depth unless your measurements indicate otherwise.
- Measure spring length (inches) by adding two lengths up from the center bar to where it attaches to the frame.
Steps To Measure Rectangular Trampolines
- Locate the mat length and width, which is usually located at one of the corners.
- Measure from corner to corner diagonally for total jump area size. This will tell you how big your trampoline should be in terms of square footage. Please keep this number handy as we will need it later!
- Next, we need to measure the jump mat length and width.
- Next, we need to measure the height of your frame from its base up to where it meets the jump mat.
- Now we need to measure the height of your deck or ground!
- Measure the length of the trampoline by counting how many springs are along this line.
- Count the springs along the width of your trampoline.
- Once you know that, measure up from there to where you want it and make a mark on both sides for the frame to rest on. This will give us our final measurement!
Steps To Measure Round Trampolines
Measuring the round trampolines is a fairly simple process.
- All you need is to measure the jump mat, which will be seen as the outer circumference of your trampoline.
- The length and width are found by measuring from any point on one side along the edge to that same point on the other side of your mat in both directions; then add them together for total are.
- The measured diameter of fabric is found by measuring the entire circumference of your mat, which will be noted as D or diameter.
- Then count the number of springs on the mat with a measuring tape. At last, measure the length of the spring with a measuring tape.
How to Measure a Trampoline Net
If you want to get the right trampoline net, it is important that you measure the trampoline before ordering. You will need to know what size mat your trampoline takes along with the height of the frame, and then use this information when purchasing a net so that they are compatible.
The first thing you want to do is find out how wide your jump mat should be for maximum safety. Usually, a jump mat should be at least 44 inches wide, and those are the ones that will fit most trampolines.
It is important to get the one with this width because it provides more room for jumping and can also prevent injuries from happening when people land on top of each other.
Also, make sure that your net fits tightly around the frame of your trampoline. This will help decrease the chances that people could get injured when they land on it because there is less room for them to fall through.
It’s also a good idea to measure how high up from the ground you want your net so every member can enjoy this feature equally, and then purchase one with measurements in accordance with your needs. Measurements should include jump mat width and length, as well as frame height.
How to Measure Trampoline Springs
In order to get the right measurement of trampoline springs, you need to know what size of mat you have. You can find the measurement by looking at the springs and counting how many there are on each side or measuring them with a ruler.
The second way is faster but also more accurate because it includes all four sides for an even measure.
How to Measure Trampoline Pads
Measuring trampoline pads is a relatively simple process. You can measure the length and width of your trampoline pads by placing a measuring tape on the inside corner with one end at the top outside edge and then continuing it around to where you started, making sure that all four corners are being measured.
Trampoline pads of round trampolines can be a little more difficult to measure because there are so many unknown factors. There are not usually measurements on the outside of the trampoline pad, and it can be difficult to know if it is square or rectangle.
You will need to take measurements in three different places on the pad and then compare these to find out how far each radius is from the center point.
Measuring for rectangular trampoline pads is a little easier. Place your measuring tape on one corner of the outside frame, and then measure to the opposite corner and the two adjacent corners on the other side. Add these measurements together to get the total mat size.
The outside frame is the easiest to measure, as all you need is a measuring tape. Place your measuring tape on one corner of the outside frame and then measure around to the opposite corner and two adjacent corners on the other side.
Add these measurements together for the total mat size. You’ll also need to measure how far from the center point each radius is. The distance will be different depending on whether or not your trampoline pad is round or square.
To find out which it is, take three measurements of the mat in various spots, make a note of which are larger, and your answer should reveal itself!
After reading this detailed article, you should know how to measure a trampoline. You can use the measurements of your backyard and trampoline mat with our handy tips for measuring a trampoline in order to make sure it will fit!
The best thing about these instructions is that they are easy to understand and don’t require any high-level math skills, whether you’re looking for basic guidelines or need more detailed instructions.
Jeffery Ryan never believed in giving up. For over 10 years, he’s devoted his time to the sport of jumping and it has paid off tremendously for him with two medals. He has used quite a lot in his own trampoline jumping experience, which adds him in the perfect position to guide others and give his own accurate knowledge about trampolines. He keeps testing and researching new innovative ideas and techniques on trampolines in his own backyard. On weekends he can be found fishing and greeting different trampoline jumpers and attending conferences on the latest and well-known trampolines.